If you’ve decided to sell your property on the French Riviera, the chances are you’re hoping for a quick sale. There are a few things that you can do to make sure your property stands out from the crowd and generates interest.
From choosing just the right agency to handle the sale to home staging your interior, we've outlined several simple steps you can take to sell your home fast. With our help, you’ll soon be toasting the successful sale of your French Riviera home and a new start for your family.
1. Repairs and Maintenance
Before putting your home on the market, it’s worth taking a quick tour of the property to see if it needs any minor repairs or maintenance. From changing a faulty light bulb to fixing a leaky tap, making sure your house is in perfect sale condition is sure to impress potential buyers. Having the house professionally cleaned is also a good way to ensure it’s completely sale ready before viewings start.
2. Getting the decor right
Whilst your home reflects your personal taste, it may be useful to think about changing or updating the décor to appeal to a wider market. Decluttering and removing personal items like family photos will help highlight the layout and size of your property. Similarly having any brightly coloured rooms repainted in soft neutral tones will make the house appear lighter. Small changes like this will allow potential buyers to easily picture living their current lifestyle in your home.
3. Make your interior inviting
It’s important that potential buyers feel your living space is comfortable and inviting when they walk in. So think about prepping the main living and dining areas and adding a few touches like fresh flowers, some additional decorative throw pillows and a cosy throw or two. Little details can often make a big difference and if a buyer feels at home in your house, you’re already one step closer to completing that all-important sale.
4. The most important room in the house
The kitchen is the heart of any home and for many buyers, it’s the first room they want to see during a viewing. Having a fabulous kitchen in your house can increase the value of your property and help to sell it quickly. Decorating the kitchen with a neutral colour scheme and staging the room to show off your high-end appliances to their full advantage are definitely great ways to catch a potential buyer’s eye.
5. A pool is highly desirable
Thanks to the endless sunshine here on the French Riviera, having your own swimming pool is more of a necessity than a luxury. If you haven’t yet taken the plunge, you might want to consider having a pool installed on the grounds of your property. Not only will it add to the resale value of your home, it will also attract buyers looking to spend their time soaking up the sun in the South of France.
6. Gorgeous gardens help sales
When it comes to creating a good first impression for your property, a beautiful garden is definitely at the top of the list. The exterior of your home will be the first thing potential buyers see during a viewing so you will want to maximise its appeal. Having the trees and greenery trimmed and keeping the lawn perfectly-manicured are great ways to make sure buyers fall in love with your home from the get-go.
7. Take your home outside
The French Riviera is famous for its Mediterranean climate so having an outdoor space to enjoy it is a huge plus for buyers. Why not think about modernising your terrace to create a contemporary outdoor lounge space or installing a custom-built BBQ area to ensure buyers see the maximum potential of your exterior.
8. Become energy efficient
In today’s property market, energy efficiency is a key selling factor. In making your home as energy efficient as possible, you can underline to future buyers that they won’t need to factor in costly updates/replacements down the line. Here are some simple steps to help reduce energy consumption and make your property totally eco-friendly:
- Switch from incandescent light bulbs to power-saving compact fluorescent bulbs
- Replace older household appliances with energy efficient appliances (with the Energy Star logo)
- Install a Smart programmable thermostat to control your heating and air conditioning
- Replace traditional wall-mounted radiators with energy efficient underfloor heating
- Where possible, use local tradesmen/women and locally-sourced materials
9. Install a high-tech security system
Everybody wants to feel secure in their own home and a top of the range security system is a sound investment. If your current alarm is a little outdated, it’s worth upgrading to a Smart Home security system. Not only will it allow the future owner to monitor the property from anywhere in the world, they can also remotely unlock doors, set off lights, sirens, smoke/CO detectors, water sensors and more at the touch of a button. By installing a high-tech system you’ll ensure that your buyer has peace of mind when purchasing your home.
10. Choosing the right agency
Finally, selecting the right agency to show your property to potential buyers is crucial. Working with an agency like Beauchamp Estates means that we’ll be there every step of the way to ensure the sale of your home goes smoothly. We’ll use our in-depth knowledge of French Riviera luxury real estate to value your property before putting it on the market. And we also:
- Provide a photographer to take stunning professional images of your home
- Use cutting-edge marketing techniques to promote your property to potential buyers
- Have an extensive network of buyers around the world
- Give you access to our home staging expert
- Organise and manage viewings to show buyers the full potential of your home
- Arrange for any necessary building inspections to be carried out
- Recommend an English-speaking notaire to handle the legal formalities
- Ensure complete privacy and discretion throughout the sales process
- Guide you every step of the way and provide outstanding customer service
Get in touch with our Cannes office for more information.