French Riviera by Area
The French Riviera more than lives up to its reputation for glitz and glamour. This part of France has been drawing the crowds since it was first discovered by the aristocracy back in the 19th Century, and the French Riviera is now a fabulous year-round destination. The permanent sunshine and gorgeous scenery make the French Riviera a truly idyllic place to live, while the high standard of living is the cherry on top when it comes to choosing a place to buy a luxury property. From seaside resorts to hilltop villages, whether you’re looking to live by the sea or in the mountains, in the city or on the coast, you’ll love life here on the French Riviera.
St Tropez needs no introduction. The fishing village was put on the map back in the 1960s, and today it’s one of the most popular destinations in the world. St Tropez is famous for its golden sand and select beach clubs, purchase a luxury property here and spend your summers with the hippest DJs and coolest crowds on Pampelonne beach. In the heart of the village sip coffee in the Place de Lice and watch the locals play boules or head to the port for an unforgettable evening in the lively bars and restaurants around the quayside. St Tropez is the ideal place to experience the best of life on the French Riviera.
Inland, the historic towns and villages tucked away in the hills behind Cannes and Grasse are some of the prettiest in France. This area is charming and virtually unspoilt, discover Medieval walled villages with narrow winding streets and shady town squares where time has stood still. If you’re looking for a taste of traditional Provençal life this is the perfect area, the hills of the French Riviera are truly lovely with their lavender fields and olive groves. Celebrate traditional festivals dating back centuries, eat at tiny bistros or spend hours browsing the stalls at the local market, life in the French Riviera hinterland is as laid-back as it is satisfying.
Down on the coast, the city of Cannes is famous for its Film Festival, but Cannes has so much more going on throughout the year. The lovely beaches along the Croisette are some of the prettiest on the French Riviera, with glamorous private beach clubs and soft golden sand. The port and old town of Le Suquet are charming with cobbled streets and dozens of little bistros, while the modern city centre is a shopping paradise. With year-round events and a glittering social life, Cannes is definitely one of the most fabulous beach resorts in the world.
Just up the road from Cannes, you’ll find Antibes and the Cap d’Antibes. With a picture-perfect old town, lively port and beautiful beaches, Antibes is the perfect place to purchase a luxury property on the French Riviera. You’ll love the wide selection of restaurants and bars, and the exciting calendar of cultural and sporting events will more than keep you entertained while you’re in town. The Cap d’Antibes has some of the best views of the mountains and Mediterranean on the coast, and there’s no better place to enjoy that golden French Riviera light than in the little town of Antibes.
St Jean Cap Ferrat
Further down the French Riviera lies St Jean Cap Ferrat, a tiny peninsula which is home to some of the most spectacular real estate in the South of France. Quiet and select, St Jean Cap Ferrat is a little haven, far from the hustle and bustle of the city. The small town has lots of places to eat and drink, while the unspoilt coastline and sheltered beaches have some incredible views of the Mediterranean. You’ll love the relaxed village vibe that comes from living on the prettiest peninsula on the French Riviera.
Sitting pretty between Southern France and Italy, the Principality of Monaco is 2 km² of pure glamour. With its edgy bars and hip restaurant scene, the city centre is vibrant and modern, while the beach clubs along the Larvotto coast are chic and stylish. The world famous Belle Epoque casino in the centre of Monte Carlo is surrounded by luxury boutiques, while superyachts for charter in Monaco line the 2 ports down by the seafront. Life in Monaco is extravagant and exciting, with so much going on throughout the year you’ll love living in this fabulous principality.
Living on the French Riviera
Buying luxury real estate on the French Riviera and moving here means living your very best life. Boasting endless sunshine, stunning scenery, charming villages and vibrant cities, the French Riviera lifestyle is absolutely fabulous. From art galleries to beaches, shopping to skiing, this part of the world has something for everyone.
Foodies will love the incredible selection of places to eat all over the coast. France is famous for its gastronomy, and the French Riviera has some of the finest restaurants in the country, if not the world. Have a casual lunch in a local bistro in Antibes or go all out with a gourmet dinner in a Michelin-starred palace in Cannes, you’ll love the huge choice of cuisine on the French Riviera. From tarte Tropezienne to salade Niçoise, pissaladiere to pan bagnat, some of the tastiest French food originated in the French Riviera, and living here is the perfect opportunity to try it all - bon appetit!
The golden light of the French Riviera has been drawing artists and sculptors for years. The South of France has some fabulous art galleries and museums to explore, and many famous former residents from Matisse to Picasso have left their mark in the villages along the coast. With such an impressive artistic legacy, it’s not surprising that the French Riviera hosts so many exciting arts and music events during the year. You’ll be able to enjoy jazz concerts under the stars, watch classic films at an open-air beach cinema, or meet big-name authors at a literary festival and that’s just a taste of some of the events on offer during the year. One of the best things about living here, there’s always something exciting to do and see in the French Riviera.
Of course, the French Riviera is also known for its world-class sporting events. Monaco’s Formula 1 Grand Prix is the most glamorous car race in the world while the regattas held in St Tropez and Cannes each year are highlights of the international sailing calendar. From skiing to running, athletics to football, the South of France hosts some of the most exciting sports competitions on the planet. And all that top-level sport definitely encourages a healthy lifestyle. With such close proximity to the mountains and the ocean, staying in shape is easy all year round on the French Riviera. Make the most of all the sunshine and get down to the beach to enjoy a wide range of watersports or head up to the mountains to ski and snowboard under beautiful blue skies, outdoor sports have never been so much fun!
Shopping fans will love the designer names and high-end boutiques of the French Riviera. Shop for stylish clothes and dazzling jewellery, not forgetting gorgeous gifts and sweet treats. Cannes and Monaco have a huge selection of luxury stores with the very latest fashions, and the streets of Antibes and St Jean Cap Ferrat are dotted with charming boutiques selling unique items for the home. The French Riviera is also famous for its daily markets held all over the coast. Forget the supermarket and head to the local market instead for extra fresh produce and Provençal delicacies. From local olive oil to freshly baked bread, you can’t beat a a French Riviera market for the ultimate outdoor shopping experience.
When it comes to nightlife, the French Riviera is always ahead of the game. Whether you’re looking for dazzling parties, elite clubs or legendary concerts, you can be sure of a fantastic night when you go out in the South of France. You’ll love the beach bars in St Tropez, the clubs in Cannes and the casinos and cocktail bars in Monaco, now you live in the French Riviera it’s time to get dressed up and have the best night of your life.
Choosing French Rivera Property
Now you’ve decided to invest in real estate on the French Riviera, it’s time for the real fun to start. You’ll love browsing our selection of beautiful villas and apartments located along the coast from Monaco to St Tropez. But whether you’re looking for a second home or a long-term rental investment, there are a few key factors to take into consideration when choosing your French Riviera property:
- Views: When it comes to panoramic views and stunning scenery, the French Riviera is right up there with the best of them. To find the perfect backdrop for your new property, simply browse our selection of luxury villas and apartments overlooking the mountains and the Mediterranean.
- Outdoor space: Thanks to the mild climate and 300+ days of sunshine per year, the French Riviera is the ideal spot to enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle. We have a large choice of properties with outside space ranging from sunny terraces to landscaped gardens, so you’re sure to find something to catch your eye.
- Guest accommodation: Once you find your perfect property on the French Riviera, you might also find there’s a sharp increase in the number of family and friends who want to visit. To host visitors in comfort and style, why not consider purchasing one of our many properties with a guestroom or independent guesthouse in the grounds.
- Swimming pool: And if you’re planning on entertaining a lot during the summer months, you may also want to think about selecting a property with a private pool. Not only will it keep the family entertained throughout the summer, it will also provide the perfect setting for glamorous garden parties once the sun goes down, a real win-win situation.
- Storage: There is no such thing as too much storage especially when you live on the French Riviera. An extra space to tuck away all your winter ski equipment or the pool inflatables at the end of the season, one of our many properties with an additional storage room or cellar is well worth considering.
- Parking: Parking on the French Riviera might be difficult during the summer season, but we’ve found the best way to beat the crowds. Simply opt for one of our luxury properties sold with a private garage or parking space and you’ll never need to worry about where to leave your car again.
French Riviera Properties By Type
French Riviera Properties By Area
French Riviera Lifestyle
Investing in real estate can sometimes be a bit of a gamble, but not here on the French Riviera. Property in the South of France is highly sought after and more than holds its value when it comes to resale or rental. Thanks to the beautiful surroundings, glorious weather and incredibly high standard of living, investing in property on the French Riviera is always a good bet:
- The climate: Sitting in the sunshine under azure blue skies, that’s life on the French Riviera all year round. You’ll love the Mediterranean climate.
- The location: The South of France is easily accessible from anywhere in the world. Travel to the French Riviera by plane, train or yacht, getting here couldn’t be easier.
- The region: The French Riviera is where the mountains meet the Mediterranean, be prepared for beautiful scenery, excellent skiing and perfect beaches when you move here. Get away for the weekend in nearby Italy or Corsica or venture further afield in Europe, the French Riviera is perfectly placed for travelling.
- The events: World-class sporting events, dazzling entertainment and glamorous parties, the French Riviera has it all.
- The things to do: The French Riviera is famous for its fabulous restaurants, incredible shopping, thrilling sports opportunities and much much more besides.
- The beaches: You’ll love the golden sand along the beaches of Cannes, the chic private beaches in St Tropez and the hidden coves around Antibes, the French Riviera is a beach-lover’s paradise!
- The nightlife: From hip bars to vibrant clubs and casinos, the French Riviera has some of the best nightlife in the world. Going out is the new staying in when you live in the South of France.
- The real estate opportunities: Investing in luxury property on the French Riviera is always a good idea with the high property resale and rental value. This is one area which never goes out of style
The Purchase Process in France
Buying a luxury real estate on the French Riviera can seem confusing at first but it’s actually a very straight-forward procedure.
The purchase process is set up to protect both buyer and seller and usually only takes a couple of months from start to finish. From putting in an offer to collecting the keys to your new home we’ll be with you every step of the way, so the only thing that you’ll need to do is find your perfect property from our fantastic selection.
To help you understand how it works, we've visualised the purchase process in France on the following infographic.
Arrange a Viewing
Now you’ve seen our selection of luxury real estate, all that’s left for you to do is to pick your favourite and get in touch with us. Our team of luxury real estate agents will be delighted to give you some more information about the area and arrange a viewing of your chosen property. Your new life on the French Riviera is just a phone call away.