French Riviera by Area
Vibrant and sophisticated, the French Riviera is renowned as one of the most beautiful regions in the world. From chic beach resorts to charming hilltop villages, this glamorous stretch of coastline has something for everyone to enjoy. From Monaco right down to St Tropez, the South of France is the perfect location to purchase a luxurious penthouse apartment. Blessed with year-round sunshine, fabulous scenery and a social calendar which is second to none, we guarantee that you’ll love your new life on the Cote d’Azur.
If you’re looking for a beach resort with a difference, the principality of Monaco is the place for you. Sitting on the border between France and Italy, Monaco is famous for its prestigious international events and exclusive lifestyle. Spend your days shopping in the designer boutiques and your nights enjoying the spectacular restaurants of the principality. With so much going on, you’ll love penthouse life in the French Riviera’s most dazzling location.
Just down the coast from Monaco, the charming little town of St Jean Cap Ferrat is one of the most idyllic settings for a French Riviera penthouse. Quiet and select, this lovely peninsula is home to some of the most sought-after residences in the South of France. Discover the lively bars and restaurants in the port or explore rocky coastal paths leading down to sheltered coves. With breathtaking views of the Mediterranean and the close proximity to Monaco and Nice, buying property in St Jean Cap Ferrat means having the very best of both worlds.
Heading down the littoral past Nice, you’ll find the pretty town of Antibes and the Cap d’Antibes peninsula. This area of the French Riviera has been drawing visitors in for years with its golden sunlight and spectacular sea views. The old town of Antibes with its covered market and exciting array of bars and restaurants is the perfect place to relax and unwind, while the beaches around the Cap d’Antibes are as picture-perfect as any postcard. Soak up the sun on one of the many terraces along the port or spend hours browsing the boutiques in Vieil Antibes, this is the perfect location for a luxurious penthouse home.
Just a few minutes away from Antibes, you’ll find the city of Cannes. Famous for its dazzling Croisette, international Film Festival and an incredible array of designer boutiques, Cannes is quite possibly the chicest beach resort in the world. Explore the old town of Le Suquet, discover the fascinating Iles de Lérins or head down to one of the stylish private beaches to soak up the sun. Whatever you’re looking for it’s right here waiting for you here in the heart of Cannes.
Drive a few kilometres into the hills around Grasse, and you’ll find yourself in the French Riviera hinterland. Peaceful and charming, it’s a world away from life down on the coast. The hinterland is made up of dozens of little towns and villages, each more alluring than the next. Spend time on the hillside surrounded by olive groves and experience village life at its very finest. From the daily market to the local chapel dating back to Medieval times, this part of the French Riviera is where you’ll find a true taste of Provence.
Back down on the coast, the glamorous resort of St Tropez needs no introduction. Quiet and peaceful during the winter months, come the summer season everybody who's anybody can be found in St Tropez. Dine out in one of the contemporary restaurants around the port, dance the night away in one of the uber-hip clubs or catch some sun on Pampelonne beach. With a penthouse in St Tropez, you’ll always be in the heart of the action.
Living on the French Riviera
Life on the French Riviera is just as glamorous as it looks. Long hot summers are followed by mild winters, each village or town along the coast is prettier than the last, and there’s always something exciting going on. Spend your time shopping in luxury boutiques, discovering 5-star restaurants, or soaking up the sun in one of the chic private beach clubs. With so much on offer, you’ll wonder why you didn’t make the move to a penthouse in the South of France any earlier.
This beautiful region has some of the most diverse scenery in France. Hilltop villages which can only be reached by winding mountain roads overlook the Mediterranean, while glittering beach resorts light up the coast below like a string of diamonds. From the palm trees of the Croisette to the olive groves around Grasse, why not let the French Riviera provide the most stunning backdrop imaginable for your new life in the South of France.
The French are renowned throughout the world for their incredible cuisine and the French Riviera is the home of gastronomy. Choose Provençal specialities, seafood so fresh it was caught this morning or delectable meat and pasta dishes with a Mediterranean twist. One thing’s for sure, when you live on the French Riviera, your new favourite eating place is always just around the corner. From corner bistros to Michelin-starred palaces, beachside lounges to destination restaurants, we guarantee you’ll love the diverse and delicious restaurant scene here in the South of France.
The French Riviera is where the mountains meet the Mediterranean and the sun shines all day long. So outdoor activities are practically mandatory when you live in this part of the world. Take advantage of living by the sea and get out onto the water in a yacht or kayak. Turn up the adrenaline factor and go parasailing or wakeboarding through the waves, or just chill out with a session or two of beachside yoga, it’s all on hand for you to enjoy. During the winter months, take a helicopter up to the ski resorts of the Southern Alps in less than an hour and make the most of the pristine white powdery snow, this is the perfect place for outdoor enthusiasts.
The French Riviera is also home to some of the biggest international sports competitions in the world. Every year the streets of Monte Carlo transform into the world’s most glamorous racing circuit when the Formula 1 Grand Prix comes to town in May. And down the coast in Cannes, classic yachts line the Bay each September as they compete for the prestigious Trophée Panerai. From showjumping to golf, tennis to football, when it comes to exciting sports events, the South of France is always the place to be.
Thanks to the glittering beach resorts all along the coast, the French Riviera is a shopper’s paradise in a class of its own. From St Tropez down to Monaco you’ll find all the luxury boutiques and big name designers here on the French Riviera. Shop til you drop for this season’s must-have shoes or the latest it bag before finding just the right statement pieces for your new home in one of the fabulous home decor stores. As chic as it is elegant, the French Riviera never goes out of style.
With some of the best galleries and museums in the area, the French Riviera is also renowned for its sophisticated culture scene. Artists and sculptors from all over the world have long been drawn to the region with its golden light and breathtaking scenery. And with live music, exclusive concerts and traditional festivals held throughout the year, you’ll never be at a loss for something to do once you live in the South of France.
Once evening falls, the French Riviera really comes into its own. Known for its sparkling parties and legendary nightlife, going out has never been so exciting. Dress to kill for an evening in one of the elegant restaurants in St Tropez or dance the night away in one of the VIP nightclubs in Cannes. Put it all on the red in Monaco’s Belle Epoque casino or listen to live music in a vibrant bar in the port of St Jean Cap Ferrat. Whether you’re looking for a laidback evening out or an epic night to remember, you’ll love the French Riviera’s dazzling social scene.
There’s nowhere quite like the French Riviera. As beautiful as it is glamorous, with just the right amount of extravagance, this is the ultimate location for luxury penthouse living.>
Choosing a French Riviera Penthouse
When it comes to choosing a penthouse apartment, you’ll be spoilt for choice on the French Riviera. From apartments overlooking the glittering city skyline to properties in the hills with breathtaking views of the Mediterranean, we guarantee you’ll love our range of luxurious penthouses. To help you find your perfect pad, we’ve put together a list of factors to consider when you’re planning your next real estate investment.
- Parking: The French Riviera is always a popular destination and finding parking during the summer season isn’t always easy. Consider selecting one of our penthouse properties with a private garage or parking space to beat the traffic and make sure you’ve always got a prime spot for your pride and joy.
- Additional storage: When you live in an apartment, it’s always nice to have a little additional storage space. Check out our range of luxurious penthouse apartments with additional storage areas or cellars to ensure that you’ve got a place for everything and everything in its place.
- Views: The French Riviera is renowned for its stunning scenery and with a penthouse apartment you can be sure of getting the best view in town. Whether you’d prefer to overlook the Bay of Cannes or the glittering city skyline, we can find you the perfect property.
- Swimming pool: One of the advantages of living on the top floor is making the best use of your rooftop terrace. We have a great selection of penthouse properties with private pools or jacuzzis so you can relax in style in the privacy and comfort of your new home.
- Outdoor space: When you live on the French Riviera, private outdoor space is definitely a bonus. To make the most of the wonderful climate, check out our extensive selection of penthouses with rooftop terraces and balconies, with year-round sunshine included of course!
The French Riviera Lifestyle
If you’re looking for a luxurious penthouse with stunning views and a fabulous location, where better than the French Riviera? Whether you plan to use your penthouse as your family home or as a secondary residence, this is the perfect place to purchase luxury real estate. Here are just a few of the reasons why choosing to invest in the property market on the French Riviera is always a good decision:
- The region: Surrounded by mountains and bordered by the Mediterranean, some of the most beautiful scenery in the world can be found in the French Riviera. Take advantage of this unique location and explore the coastline or the Southern Alps, it’s all right here at your fingertips.
- The location: Getting to the French Riviera couldn’t be simpler. With 2 international airports, an extensive rail network and some of the biggest ports in the Mediterranean, it’s easily accessible by plane, train and yacht. Italy and Corsica are close enough for lunch and the rest of Europe is only a short flight away.
- The climate: The Mediterranean climate is famous the world over for its warm temperatures and permanent sunshine. Spend summers at the beach and winters on the terrace, now this is living.
- The events: Glittering doesn’t begin to describe the French Riviera social scene. With some of the biggest and best international events in the world held right here in the South of France, there’s always something to enjoy when you’re in town.
- The things to do: From the fabulous restaurant scene to the incredible museums and galleries plus the amazing shopping opportunities, you’ll never be at a loss for something to do once you move to the French Riviera.
- The nightlife: Glamorous summer parties, exclusive private concerts, exciting fashion shows and dazzling galas, the French Riviera has got it all and then some.
- The beaches: With miles of sandy beaches, rocky coves and sheltered bays, the French Riviera was made for sun worshippers. Enjoy the thrilling range of watersports available up and down the coast, charter a yacht or simply top up your tan on one of the private beaches. Enjoying the great outdoors has never been so chic.
- The real estate opportunities: If you’re purchasing with an eye to sell on your property or let it out, then you’ve come to the right place. Luxury real estate on the French Riviera is always in demand. With high resale value and a year-round congress season, this is definitely a seller’s market.
Best French Riviera Events
The French Riviera is renowned for its social events. From the biggest global sports competitions in the world to international festivals and concerts, it’s all going on here in the South of France. Pop these dates in your diary to make sure you don’t miss any of the excitement while you’re in town:
- Antibes: Pain, Amour & Chocolat Festival ~ February
- St Tropez: Au Large de St Tropez Regatta ~ March
- Monaco: Top Marques ~ April
- Cannes: Film Festival ~ May
- Monaco: Grand Prix & Historic Grand Prix ~ May
- St Jean Cap Ferrat: La Fête des Roses ~ May
- Antibes: Voiles d’Antibes ~ June
- Mougins: International Gastronomy Festival~ June
- Juan les Pins: Jazz à Juan Festival ~ July
- Cannes: International Fireworks Festival ~ July
- St Jean Cap Ferrat: Classiques de Juillet Concerts ~ July
- Monaco: Monte Carlo International Fireworks Festival ~ July & August
- Cannes: Yacht Show ~ September
- St Jean Cap Ferrat: Prestige Car Festival ~ September
- St Tropez: Porsche Paradise ~ September
- Mouans Sartoux: Book Festival ~ October
- Cannes: International Dance Festival~ December
ARRANGE A VIEWING
The sun’s shining, the sky’s blue and the sea’s sparkling, it’s time to move to the French Riviera. For more information about any of our luxury penthouses or to arrange a private viewing at your convenience, just contact our team today. We’ll be delighted to give you more information about our French Riviera properties and help you find the penthouse of your dreams.