CANNES ESSENTIAL DETAILS
- Post code: 06029 / 06400
- Region: Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Department: Alpes-Maritimes
- Population: 73,603
- Elevation: 0 - 260 m
- Geo-coordinates: 43°33′05″N 7°00′46″E
- Distance to Nice airport: 27 km (30 mins drive)
- More info on Wikipedia
CANNES BY AREA
From the glamorous Croisette to the exclusive hillside neighbourhoods, Cannes has luxury real estate down to a very fine art. Whether you plan on using your Cannes penthouse as a holiday home, rental accommodation or a permanent base, we promise the French Riviera’s most dazzling resort won’t disappoint. Experience the very best of life in the South of France by purchasing a fabulous penthouse apartment in Cannes this year.
The heart of Cannes is known by locals as the ‘Banane’. Named for its unique shape, the Banane covers the glittering Boulevard de la Croisette and the Carré d’Or in the city centre. If you’re looking for a penthouse apartment within walking distance of all the shops, restaurants and beaches, this is the place for you. Central and incredibly convenient for the Palais des Festivals, it’s also a great choice if you plan to rent out your penthouse during the congress season.
Walk down the Croisette towards the port and you’ll find yourself in the old town of Cannes. Originally a tiny fishing village, this area is now one of the most up and coming districts in the city centre. The Rue Saint Antoine and the Rue du Suquet are bursting with fabulous restaurants and bistros and you’ll find lots of unique boutiques tucked away in the narrow cobblestone streets. With the Marché Forville just a few minutes walk away, you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing delicious local produce to enjoy for lunch or dinner. And as it’s also only 5 minutes from the Croisette and the port, the old town area is another great location if you’re hoping to rent out your luxurious Cannes penthouse.
At the other end of the Croisette, you’ll find the modern Palm Beach district. Set on the waterfront with spectacular views, Palm Beach is a little haven of peace and quiet in the centre of town. Spend your days at the beach and your evenings checking out the incredible selection of restaurants in the city. Just a short stroll away from the Carré d’Or and the Croisette, this is an ideal location for a luxury beachfront penthouse apartment.
If you’re looking to escape the city centre, the Californie and Super Cannes districts are just the place. Sitting high over the Mediterranean, these exclusive neighbourhoods offer sweeping views, lots of space and of course absolute peace and quiet. Super Cannes is only a short drive away from the Carré d’Or but it feels like a different world with its contemporary residences and stunning sea views. Surrounded by olive groves and shady pine trees, Super Cannes is a little piece of Provence just minutes away from the city centre.
And over in La Californie, you’ll find some of Cannes most beautiful Belle Epoque buildings with breathtaking views and gorgeous greenery. Overlooking the city skyline and offering some of the most spectacular sunsets in the region, our selection of luxurious penthouses in La Californie has to be seen to be believed. Enjoy an evening cocktail on your rooftop terrace before popping into town for dinner with friends, what could be nicer than penthouse life in Cannes?
LIVING IN CANNES
When it comes to choosing a permanent base on the French Riviera, you can’t go wrong with Cannes. One of the most exciting and sought-after destinations in the South of France, Cannes is the perfect place to purchase luxury real estate. Once known as simply a winter destination, these days Cannes is busy all year round. Bathed in sunshine, surrounded by green hills and blessed with miles of golden beaches, Cannes is a picture perfect seaside resort in the heart of the French Riviera.
But Cannes is not just a glamorous beach resort. It’s also a vibrant city centre with an international reputation. The Palais des Festivals on the world-famous Croisette plays host to some of the biggest conferences and congresses on the planet every year. With a new event each month plus trade shows, business meetings and much more besides, there’s always something going on in Cannes. If you’re thinking about investing in a luxury penthouse with a view to letting it out, Cannes is the ideal market. High-end accommodation is always in demand with international visitors to the area, so you’ll have no problem renting out your property on a regular basis.
So what’s life in Cannes like? Well, we’re here to confirm that it’s very, very good. Thanks to the city’s unique location between the mountains and the Mediterranean, there are endless activities to enjoy all year round. Swim, paddleboard or kayak your way through the azure-blue water, go crazy on the beach inflatables or charter a boat to explore the islands off the coast. Practice beach yoga, go horse trekking or take up paragliding, there is something for everyone to enjoy on the French Riviera. And come the winter season, you’re only a short ride away from the outstanding ski resorts of the Southern Alps. Spend the season skiing or snowboarding in glorious sunshine just a couple of hours away from your penthouse in Cannes. This truly is the good life.
Another of the biggest advantages to living in Cannes is that you’re only ever a few minutes away from some of the most beautiful beaches on the French Riviera. So why not spend your summer season at one of the chic beach clubs along the Croisette? Relax on a sunlounger with a drink before taking a dip in the sea to cool off. Or work on your tan while the beach DJ spins the big anthems of the summer. Alternatively, harter a boat and head down the coast to discover dozens of hidden sandy coves between Cannes and St Tropez. Swim, sunbathe and snorkel in complete and utter privacy, it sounds too good to be true but we guarantee it’s all here waiting for you in Cannes.
Of course it’s not just outdoor activities that are popular here in the South of France. Cannes also has an incredible array of high-end luxury stores. For the latest fashions straight from Paris and Milan or those must-have accessories and shoes, head to the designer shops along the Croisette. Check out the home stores in the Carré d’Or for unique pieces for your new penthouse, or shop for gifts in the quirky boutiques of Le Suquet. And of course the daily food market in the Place du Marché is the perfect place to pick up fresh local produce. Nibble freshly-baked bread, try locally-made cheeses and stock up on fruit and veggies grown in the sunshine on the hills around the city. There’s nothing quite like a market if you want to experience local life in Cannes.
And it’s not just the market where you can find delicious produce. Cannes is renowned for its amazing restaurant scene, this is definitely a city for food-lovers. Dine out every night of the week and discover the family-run bistros of Le Suquet, the Michelin-starred palaces of the Croisette and the laid-back restaurants in the port. From classic French cuisine to Asian-fusion, sushi to seafood you’ll never be short of inspiration for your next meal with friends or family. And if you can’t resist a sweet treat, well Cannes is also famous for its artisan ice cream and chocolate shops. Try an incredible flower ice cream cone topped with homemade macaroons from one of the glaciers which line the Croisette, after all calories don’t count when you’re living in paradise!
If you plan on spending time in Cannes throughout the year, you’ll love the exciting programme of international events on offer. The Film Festival is the biggest event of the year each May but other highlights include the fireworks festival, the yachting regattas and the classical music concerts which take place in the streets of the old town each July. Plus Cannes also has an exciting theatre scene, hosts big name concerts on a year-round basis and has lots of interesting permanent art exhibitions and museums to explore. In short, you’ll never be lost for something to do when you live in Cannes.
And when it comes to nightlife, Cannes is the French Riviera’s premier destination. Known for its glittering soirées and epic parties, you’ll be out every night when you’re in town. From the exclusive nightclubs along the Croisette to the cocktail bars in the Carré d’Or, the social scene in Cannes will leave you breathless. Dance the night away to the biggest international DJs, put it all on the red in one of the town’s 3 casinos, or simply spend an evening with friends over a few glasses of local rosé in one of the lively little bars which line the port. We promise that once you live in Cannes, you’ll always have a reason to celebrate.
CHOOSING A CANNES PENTHOUSE
When it comes to choosing a luxurious penthouse, Cannes is definitely the place to be. Whether you’re looking for a spacious rooftop apartment to accommodate the whole family, or a cosy pied à terre for occasional visits, we will help you find the perfect space. Here are some factors to take into consideration when choosing your next property in Cannes:
- Storage: A little extra storage space always comes in handy, especially when you’re surrounded by luxury boutiques. Select one of our penthouse apartments with a basement storage area or cellar to ensure you have more than enough room for endless shopping trips.
- Parking: Similarly, having your own garage or parking space is also a big plus when you’re in town. Beat the summer traffic by leaving the car at home and stroll along the Croisette to your favourite restaurant or bar instead.
- Outside Space: The French Riviera climate means that dining outside is a year-round activity in Cannes. Check out our great range of penthouses with private balconies and terraces to really make the most of your French Riviera home.
- Views: The glorious views and stunning scenery are reason enough to buy a penthouse in Cannes. Purchase your very own private Mediterranean backdrop when you choose one of our beautiful seafront apartments.
- Swimming Pool: Life on the top floor is already pretty sweet. But why not take it to the next level and opt for one of our luxury penthouses with a rooftop pool or jacuzzi. Relaxing with friends has never been so glamorous.
Purchasing a penthouse apartment in Cannes is a great investment. You can’t go wrong with this glittering resort. Whether you’ve decided to move to the French Riviera or you plan to take advantage of the congress season and rent out your apartment, Cannes is an ideal location. We’ve put together a few reasons why buying a penthouse in Cannes is the best decision you’ll make this year:
- The climate: Endless blue skies and sunshine, warm winter days and balmy summer nights, who could ask for anything more?
- The region: Cannes is just down the coast from glamorous St Tropez and Monaco, and surrounded by the lush hills of Provence for countryside getaways.
- The things to do: Glamorous and vibrant, Cannes is a seaside resort with a big city vibe. Luxury boutiques, gourmet restaurants and private beaches, you’ll find it all here in Cannes.
- The location: Just a hop, skip and a jump away from the Nice Côte d'Azur International Airport, Cannes is easily reachable from anywhere in the world.
- The events: From films to fireworks, shopping to yachts, there is always something going on in Cannes.
- The nightlife: When it comes to having a good time, Cannes really knows its stuff. Party in exclusive nightclubs or enjoy evening cocktails in one of the many beach clubs, we guarantee you’ll always have a night to remember.
- The real estate opportunities: Luxury real estate on the French Riviera always holds its value. Cannes has been a sought-after location ever since it was discovered, this is one town that never goes out of style.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SOCIAL CALENDAR
Going out is the new staying in. And there’s nowhere like Cannes for going out. With top international events throughout the year, you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing what to do while you’re in town. Here are a few of our favourite events to check out and put in your diary for next season:
- Cannes Shopping Festival ~ March
- Cannes MIPIM ~ March
- Cannes MIPTV ~ April
- Cannes Film Festival ~ May
- Cannes MIDEM Music ~ June
- Cannes Lions ~ June
- Cannes Collection ~ June
- Cannes International Fireworks Festival ~ July
- Cannes Yachting Festival ~ September
- Cannes Régates Royales ~ September
- Cannes MIPCOM ~ October
- Cannes International Luxury Travel Market ~ December
ARRANGE A VIEWING
Now you've read all about Cannes and the French Riviera lifestyle, the next step is to get in touch. When it comes to buying luxury property in Cannes, we take care of all the little details. Just contact our international team by phone, email or in person, and we'll be delighted to help you find the perfect penthouse apartment. We'll send you details of our luxurious properties, arrange private viewings and help you deal with all the formalities. Whatever you need, we'll be with you every step of the way.